Monday, April 26, 2010

Little Garden





I am LOVING our earth boxes right now. The girls have been wanting a veggie garden but we have a very shaded back yard. The one place we have lots of sun is the large tiled patio out back. I have tried potted plants there but it is too hot in the summer for traditional style pots(especially when I forget to water for a day or two). Well, last summer I was introduced by my friend Janine to these wonderful pots she sells at her nursery. They are amazing and I swear you can watch the plants grow right in front of you. I have pictures of the girls getting the soil mixture ready for planting but for some reason I didn't get a picture of the baby plants. They were the small veggie plants that come in the little pots. Compare that to the plants 3 weeks after we planted them. My squash and zucchini have over 30 blossoms on each plant. I can't wait to get a couple more pots.

No comments: