Thursday, July 23, 2009

North Carolina






We have been back from the mountains for almost a week and I feel like I am finally getting back into the swing of things. The mountains were beautiful and we had a nice relaxing week. This week has been spent doing laundry, adjusting to the puppy, and watching the Tour. Truthfully, Doug has been watching the Tour and I am truly interested but I am too tired to watch it all at night.

One of the days on our trip, my very in shape husband, rode his bike from our cabin in Asheville to the summit of Mt.Mitchell(36 miles one way). I am so impressed by the cyclists that are able to do that ride. I am also impressed with my ability to follow him back on part of the Blue Ridge Parkway as he went down the mountain at 40 mph and not be concerned. The worry that would normally be welling up in my throat has dissipated with time and I know how careful he is on his bike. The girls and I had met him on top of the summit and we ate at this cute little restaurant right below the summit. At one point as we were following Daddy down the mountain Jetty said "Mommy, please pass Daddy". My immediate thought was that she was concerned he would crash but then she clarified "I don't want him to beat us to the cabin". Everything is a race with that girl.

No comments: