Tuesday, December 9, 2008

2 years ago today...











We were in Chongqing, China and became a family of four when Little Ella was placed in our arms. I can't even put into words how much she has changed. Our once sick and anxious baby has turned into a determined, funny, sweet and very affectionate little toddler. She still sleeps holding my hand most of the night but she won't want to do that when she is in College so I will take advantage now.


I look back at pictures of Ella and she had that constant worried brow. I remember when she was in my sling just gently rubbing between her eyes and reassuring her that she was safe and loved. That little furrowed brow didn't go away for about six months and still visits occasionally.
It is so neat to see the little girl she is becoming. She is a little collector and every bag the girls have is always filled with her treasures. She also likes to fill our pockets with special rocks that she finds. My favorite is when she collects stickers and places them on my bottom but I don't realize it until Doug mentions it to me later. This is usually after I have been to the grocery store or at an appointment,etc...

I can't imagine our life, our family, without this sweet little girl. We are so blessed and lucky to have her as our daughter. I love the picture of Ella with Daddy on the bus in China. She had been with us for two days and I just love the look on Jetty's face as Daddy was making Ella laugh. Those are the things that are priceless.

2 comments:

Autumn and Baba said...

Happy 2nd!
We joke about how Dec. 7th is a day that will live forever on not only because of historical WWII reasons, but also because it was the day when we were in a plane to China.
December 11th 2006 and Dec 11th for years to come will be days which we'll always have together and sharing the photos, stories, and memories. The most wonderful time of the year indeed. :)

Lisa~~ said...

Happy belated gotcha day.