Wednesday, October 8, 2008

"Sentence Me"





Daddy snapped this photo of Jetty the other day when they were working on sentences. She proceeded to cover herself in the post-it note words and looked at her Daddy and said "Sentence Me". She cracks us up.






I am happy to say that her skin virus is all gone and she is enjoying school once more. We ended up having a conference with her teacher and things are much better. Jetty told us she was bored. The teacher wanted to have her tested for gifted but we suggested they wait a year. After all she just turned 5. When the reading assessment came back she is almost at 2nd grade level. No wonder she was bored. The teacher now sends home more advanced books on her level and they have her doing a 1st grade reading program at the library. I can't say enough good things about her teacher. She has been very accommodating and we really appreciate the great job she is doing. It is so nice to have Jetty wake up in the morning excited about school.






By the way...after that spell check I just performed on this post I don't think I am much more advanced then Jetty, hehe. Maybe it is because there is a little Ella helping me type or it is just Mommy brain. I think I remember the days when I had complete thoughts and I could spell :)

1 comment:

Lisa said...

She is so precious! I am glad she is all better and liking school again! Glad they are helping to keep her busy and stimulated.
I will let you know when I get the package.